Skip to main content

Avocado, quinoa, pomegrante and pecan salad




Some of my favorite creations are created in my head when I'm training. 

As I rode my tri-bike on the trainer last night for 45 minutes, I started to think about what to make for dinner. Karel is in Jax for RETUL bike fits so it was just me (and Campy).

 I had cottage cheese and yogurt for an easy protein option but I wasn't sure what I could make for a meal. I wanted something light as I had a satisfying afternoon snack as well as a pre bike workout snack so I wasn't in the mood for a normal-size Trimarni creation dinner. 

So, then it occurred to me...I had a few ingredients in my refrigerator that may taste great (or not) when combined together. This is always the start of a Trimarni creation....what can I combine together, without having to measure anything, and make it be healthy, yummy and taste amazing???

After tiring out my glutes with a main set of single leg drills, I cleaned up, took Campy for a quick walk around the block and got busy in the kitchen. 

So here it is. The most delicious combo of ingredients....who knew??

Avocado, quinoa, pomegrante and pecan salad
1 cup dry quinoa (cooked in 1.5 cups water)
1/2 pomegrante (seeded)
1 avocado chopped
1/8-1/4 cup chopped pecans (I used the yummy pecans from Veronica's Health Crunch)
Salt

1. Let quinoa cool and combine ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add a pinch of salt and lightly toss together.

Enjoy!