Skip to main content

IM 70.3 St. George - one more sleep!


I can't believe the time is finally here. One more sleep until race day! This race has been on my bucket list for many years and for the past year, I have been training specifically for this one race day. This race venue is incredible and it's hard to describe the beauty and the difficulty of the bike and run course. I'm so excited to share this course with 12 other Trimarni athletes and the rest of the St. George 70.3 participants.

As you may know, I love challenging courses. I love feeling strong when I race as it makes me feel grateful for what I can do with my body.

For tracking us on race day (note, this is also the North America Pro Championship so be sure to track the pros!):
Karel Sumbal - Bib number 132 (wave start 7:27am mountain time)
Marni Sumbal - Bib number 571 (wave start 7:54am mountain time)

Here are some pictures from the past 1.5 days.....



Swim venue


Be seen with the New Wave Swim Buoy.  MarniTri for a discount. 


Love our Xterra Vengeance wetsuits! Especially for the 60 degree water temp! 


T1 transition area at Sand Hallow State Park. 


Karel off to bike the first 40+ miles of the bike course to finish up riding the entire bike course (combined Wed and Thurs rides). 


Quick stop at Kneaders for local bread. 


Happiness - cinnamon roll bread!!


Athlete check-in. 


Colleen spotting! 


Athlete briefing at the race expo in downtown St. George. Only 92 degrees out!


Coach Karel and assistant coach Joe listening closely. 


Trimarni selfie! 


Most of our Trimarni group, excited to tackle the St. George course!


Biking the run course for a pre-race warm-up on Friday. 


Tough course - we love it! 


Trimarni athlete Peggy gearing up for her 2nd half IM! 


The view on the top of the run course. We climb up and up and up to enjoy this view!


So many bike paths! 


Dixie on the Red Hill. Here's the story.


Run course. 


More views on the run course. 


Still on the run course. 


More on the run course. 


Run course. 


Run course. 


Heading back up on the run course. 


Thanks for all the support. I hope that my pictures have inspired you to travel to St. George to experience this challenging and beautiful race course! Although I don't know what my day will bring, I know that this is one amazing course and I can't wait to finally experience it!

Image result for strength quotes